Wednesday 22 August, 2007

Down but not out..

Its been long time since I posted anything out here.All these days I was ruminating over what all things could be done if I postpone my MBA by an year.

I honestly evaluated my candidature, I realized many of my strengths and weaknesses.

1)WE: This August I completed 4 years of work experience. By next fall it would be 5 years. If I postpone by 1 year I would have close to 2 years of international experience.

2)WE: Also, in the US I can diversify my profile work experience in some enhanced role or shift into relationship management or sales. This could add another dimension to the work ex.

3)Build Transcript: I can build my transcript by taking some credits in economics / accounting from near by university in the US while I am working. (May b U of Florida)

4)Learn Foreign Language: China is making huge strides in global market place and its economy is showing sustained double digit growth and is destined to be super power in a decade to challenge dominance of the US. Will it be good idea to start learning Mandarian ? But thats hell difficult to learn..If not possible I will start learning french.

5)Extra-Curr & Community service : I had taken salsa classes till level 2. I will further my interest there..may be learn tango too :) Can indulge in some atheletics and sport activity too... Regarding community service I will do anything if it comes naturally...not thought of anything as yet but something like fund-raising for some NGO working to address global warming ..would be great ...

WOW !!! Several things to add....

May be I should be able to put in solid app in top (10-15) if above things materialize....I am hoping that within 1-2 weeks my date for travel should be fixed.

Currently, I have put up "WORK IN PROGRESS" board on many fronts of life...praying hard to make things work for me..

5 comments:

Dreamer said...

ur plan sounds super... go get rolling :)

all the best

Anonymous said...

My 2 cents on ur thoughts about putting off the app for another year: never leave to tomorrow what you can do today - believe me I've learned this the hard way
Go for it - I think you have what it takes!

Gaurav said...

hi,

came across ou blog..thur a google search on gmat related info..

all the best.
gaurav

Aqs said...

there was a time when i too passed through same dilemma.

and i chose to be at cleint location, to learn and earn.

and sicne past 3 years i am still doing the same.

only thing i have learned from life, at time when you are moving towards your dream, there will be hell lof of luring objects in your way. that is the main time when you have to show your determination.

anyway, best of luck for your future.

NB: I might not be reading your blog again, as I just came across accidently :-)

Anonymous said...

Very personalized, individualized SOP Essay writing Company, dedicatedly working on the differentiating art of writing into these B-school applications. All the writers of EAS (Essays and SOP) have a huge experience of writing Essays, SOP’s, Reports etc. Some of them have been in the ADCOM’s(Admission Committees) and almost all of them have been to one of these colleges.

http://www.essaysandsop.com/

For indian MBA colleges like ISB SPJAIN Great Lakes FMS consultancy, brainstorming etc.

We also write for colleges like AIM Anderson UCLA Australian AGSM Babcock Wake Forest Babson Berkeley Haas Carlson CEIBS Chicago GSB Columbia Cornell Johnson Cranfield Darden Virginia Duke Fuqua Emory Goizueta Erasmus Rotterdam RSM ESADE Fisher Ohio Garvin Thunderbird Harvard HEC Montreal HEC Paris IESE IIMA-PGPX IMD INSEAD Instituto de Empresa ISB Ivey Judge Cambridge Kelley Indiana Kellogg Kenan-Flagler Krannert Purdue LBS Macquarie Marshall Manchester McCombs Texas McDonough Georgetown McGill Melbourne Mendoza Notre Dame Nanyang NUS Olin Washington Owen Vanderbilt Queens Ross Michigan Rotman Said Oxford Schulich York SDA Bocconi Simon Rochester Sloan MIT Smith Maryland Stanford Stern NYU Tepper CMU Tuck Dartmouth Warwick Wharton or Yale.