Monday 18 February, 2008

Application Strategy - the big picture..

I know this is too early for Fall 2009 cycle. But I want to be prepared well in advance. I feel really good about the decision I took to postpone MBA by one year in October last year. I will certainly have many distinguishing factors this year.

I will be applying to 6 schools this year. 4 will be top schools.

The applications will be distributed across R1 and R2.

R1 :
3 Top schools
1 Backup school

R2:
1 Top school
1 Backup school

That's the end. I hope by this year end to get 2-3 admits and I have choice to select a school I will be attending in Fall'09.

3 comments:

tinydancer said...

Good luck!

Janet Nakano said...

good luck!

is the 'backup' school your safety school? are the 'top' schools your reach schools or realistic schools?

this show may be helpful: "The 360 Degree Guide to Applying for and Getting Your MBA"

check it out!

here is the link:
www.mbapodcaster.com/MBA_MoreInfo/360Degree.asp?iEpisode=31

Charu said...

@mbapodcaster,
Thanks for your comment.
You guessed it right. 4 top schools will be reach/ realistic schools.
2 backup will be safe schools.