Sunday 9 December, 2007

Back to square one

I am returning to the blogging world after a long time. This year I will be out of MBA applications scene. I will only witness the admits / dings received by people on this blogging community. So this is the time for introspection (Analyze the goals), read & research more. If possible visit schools build more contacts & work on extras to improve the profile.

Citigroup has been recently in news because of several reasons. Chuck Price, CEO of Citigroup , resigned after huge losses in the subprime market. Citigroup lost close $50 billion in market capitalization. Now suddenly, the focus is on expense management and cost cutting. Citi has development center in Singapore and this lies inside the corporate firewall. Many jobs are likely to move to singapore / offshore in India. So most likely several job cuts are likely and lot of contracts were not renewed. But fortunately, my contract is renewed till June,30 2008.

Since, I am working here on H1B. The option of part time/ weekend MBA has also opened for me. This has now forced me to think on my "Why MBA" stuff one more time.
Can I accomplish my objectives with part time MBA ?
Can I get my MBA sponsored from my employer ?

I can see that R1 results have started coming out. I wish all the best to my friends on blogging community who applied in R1.

I will return shortly with some more stuff...

2 comments:

Chaos said...

Hey Buddy thatnks for your wishes on my blog. Errr, but just to maintain anonymity i deleted your comment. would like to be known here as chaos only. :)). hope you understand.

And that is a well thought out decision i guess. All the best to you to for the year ahead

regards

Ranjit Singh said...

Hi,
new to this blogging world. I also have posponded my plan for one year... with work-ex of just over 2 year i think its not a good idea to hurry things up

And yes keep posting

-A-ddicted