Friday 13 July, 2007

Dilemma between two good oportunities...:)

At my workplace, suddenly two good opportunities have come my way.

One is to move to Tampa, Florida and be responsible to interact with a demanding client. This will give me international exposure. But I am fearing that the actual work I that I will do might more or less remain same.

Another opportunity is outside delivery function in IT industry. Here in i-flex, we have a department called Solutions Architecting Group (SAG). SAG handles mostly business side of IT. On one hand, SAG interacts with sales team and on the other hand with delivery. SAG is responsible for creating POC, RFP, RFI, making presentations to clients and win the business. This is essentially a business development profile. This might involve travel abroad but for a very short term. Its like travelling to singapore , australia, US, UK anywhere but for only 4-5 days - 1 week. During onsite travel, I will be responsible for making presentations to client.

I am mostly inclined to take up a position in SAG. But still couldn't turn down the other immediately. I asked 2-3 days to think.

SAG position will also help me distinguish my candidature from hordes of other IT applicants.

Guys...wot you all have to say ?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Easy choice. Do what's best for your career, what you would have done if you weren't thinking of an MBA.

Anonymous said...

Exactly as anonymous Said.. "You have already made the choice" - From Matrix :)

Jolk !!!

globetrotter said...

You could assess your profile as it stands right now and decide which aspect you want to bolster. Would international experience help you more or the opportunity to bring in new business for i-flex. Indians who have never left India have been admitted to top b-schools in the US and so have pure techies who have never had to read a balance sheet.

Charu said...

Thanks for ur valuable comments...

anonymous, jolk...if i were not thinking of MBA, I would have gone onsite at this time and thought of getting in to business dev 2 years from now... But do you think tht things ought to be different if I am thinking of MBA.

mba-applicant,
I agree with you completely.
This decision is difficult because i dont have international work ex as of now. Even if I had some work ex outside say 4-6 months, it would have been pretty easy choice..


Still I have some time to decide... say 1 week or so. I will get stamping process started and keep thinkin about these choices...